1. How long has Long® Fence been in business?
We’ve been in business since 1945.
2. What types of services do you provide?
We furnish and install fencing and related perimeter security products such as gates, bollards, railings, guardrails and access control systems. We also furnish and install decks, related structures, hardscaping and irrigation systems. We provide service to residential and commercial clients.
3. Do I need to obtain the permits for my job?
No. Long® Fence obtains all necessary permits. Variances are the customer’s responsibility.
4. Does Long® Fence provide a survey?
While we are not surveyors, we can order surveys in most areas at a reasonable cost.
5. Does my fence have to be installed a certain distance from the property line?
No, unless there are specific community rules or zoning ordinances, a fence is typically installed just inside the property line.
6. What is Miss Utility?
Long® Fence is required by law to contact Miss Utility prior to starting any job. Underground utilities need to be marked on the property where the job will be installed in order to prevent damage or injury during installation.
7. Does Long® Fence use subcontractors or do you have your own crews?
We utilize both. Most of our subcontractors have been with us for at least five years. The installation manager determines the best crew for the job. If you ever have a concern about installation, please contact us.
8. When can I expect my job to be installed?
Your salesperson should provide you with an estimated start date. Jobs cannot be started until all necessary permits have been obtained and Miss Utility has been called. Once the permits are obtained and the property is marked, you will be notified of your installation date. Weather can also be a factor in determining the start date of a job. If you are ever uncertain about your installation date, please contact your sales associate for clarification.
9. How long will it take to complete my job?
Every job is different and many factors can determine its completion date, but once we start your job, we will keep you informed of its progress until its completion.
10. How can I get in touch with my sales associate?
The sales associate should leave their business card and their contact numbers and email address with the proposal. Or you may contact us and we will put you in touch with your sales associate.
11. Will your products add value to my property?
Adding a fence to enclose all or part of the yard, or a deck or patio to your residential property will, in most cases, add to the value of the property upon appraisal or assessment.
12. When you build a deck, will the deck floor be flush with my exterior door threshold?
Our standard installation is to keep the deck floor below the door threshold to prevent moisture from “wicking” into the doorframe and causing rot. We will, however, build a deck tight to the threshold when instructed by a homeowner or in applications that require full accessibility.
13. What type of deck boards do you use?
We have three different options for decking: treated wood with stabilizers, composite or vinyl. All three products offer benefits to the homeowner depending on their lifestyle, budget and individual preferences.
14. Can a sunroom or screened porch be built on my existing structure, such as my deck or concrete patio?
Yes, but your existing structure must pass local building codes.
Still have a question? Contact Us!